Sunday, July 02, 2006

Jeff told me that the mansion down the street belonging to the former principal at my sons' school was listed in the real estate section of our local paper, The Examiner. For $2.2 million. 9,000 sq. feet. Six-car garage (why?!). Five bedrooms. 21 acres. Maybe it sold quickly because I didn't see it listed this week.

She must have been hosting a big party today because there were thirty cars parked along the road when I got home from church this afternoon. And she forgot to invite us?!

A few weeks ago I noticed in the Asbury Park Press that the final phase of our former townhome development in Tinton Falls, Fox Chase, opened. The new 3-bedroom, 1,300 sq. foot townhomes are selling for the same price we paid six years ago for our present residence! Unbelievable. The price of townhomes has tripled in six years.

Then there's this story "What does $1 million buy you?" - APP 7/2/06.

I think we've already considered that question.

No comments: