Monday, July 31, 2006

I'm usually a staunch supporter of the YMCA. I've had my kids in their swim program for three years solid, every week, every session. In the fall and winter, I was over there six times a week, sometimes twice a day, in programs for me or the kids.

But, the current renovation project has got me reconsidering my big plans for the fall.
You see, I found out last Friday that the two ladies' locker rooms are being remodeled now for the next two months. In the meantime, women and children may change in a trailer in the parking lot. I'm not comfortable with the makeshift accommodations.

I feel bad about modifying my planned fall routine. I mean, the timing is not convenient: Kenny passed the American Red Cross Level II in swimming a few weeks ago and I was hoping that this fall he would test into the Rays swimming level at the Y. Tim is swimming at the Eel level, when he feels like swimming. He's not much for structured swim lessons and would rather just play around and do his own thing. Of course, Chris is ready to move up to the 18 mos. - 3 yrs. old class. And I was hoping to return to my swim aerobics group three mornings a week, at least until November or December.

But, if the regular locker room is unavailable until mid to late September, a few weeks into the fall session, if it sticks to schedule, what am I going to do? It's chaotic enough in the regular locker room with three kids, two soaking wet.

I'm going to have to play it by ear, I guess.

No comments: