Tuesday, July 18, 2006


For anyone bothering to keep track, I sent quite a mixed message this evening:

  • Jewish Study Bible open to Jeremiah

  • New American Bible with holy cards sticking out

  • reading On Being Presbyterian (so far, so good, michele),

  • wearing my clear-crystal beaded rosary around my neck.

    But, I sat in the back and no one was keeping track.
  • 2 comments:

    michele said...

    So, it's helpful? You understand us better?

    Moonshadow said...

    I appreciate the reason behind the book, explaining Presbyterian identity, because I agree that denominational identity is eroding, thanks to our non-denom friends. Myself, I know that I have very little "Catholic identity" but I fully support authentic identity for myself and for others.

    It just seems to be that folks come to conclusions first and then find a church that matches their conclusions, rather than try to fit into a church they think is true.

    Myself, I've always seen church as "teacher" and so have seen the need to conform my understanding to the church's teaching rather than assume that my understanding is correct in and of itself and find a church that agrees with me.