Friday, August 04, 2006

Dressing little boys should not be this hard, neither should the results be so comical:

I pulled out a solid blue polo shirt and plaid shorts from the appropriate drawers in my son's dresser. I removed his pajama top and started to pull the polo shirt on over his head. He stopped me and said that he didn't want a shirt with buttons.

I'm like, "What are you ... Amish? Are buttons hochmut?!"

No button shirts, please. It's a request that he's heard his older brother make, regarding, more understandably, oxfords.

So, I stepped away and suggested that he dress himself. He was pleased to do it. He selected a different polo shirt, a striped one.

Because there were no other shorts in his drawer, he wore a striped shirt with plaid shorts, and I was able to tell everyone the obvious: he dressed himself this morning.

No comments: