Thursday, August 24, 2006

I talked a friend of mine into attending a Bible study with me at her church this fall. It meets every other Tuesday morning and they are studying Isaiah right now. She knows of the study leader from other dealings in her church.

We talked yesterday about the first date and time, and she said, "Oh, well I guess I had better bring a Bible, huh?" And I was like, "Well, I planned on bringing two just in case you forgot yours." And she was like, "Well, I do have one or two of them around the house, believe me."

Then she went into her garage (!) and came back in with a brand new Bible, still in its shrink wrap, explaining that it had been given to her step-son and he didn't want it! When she asked her husband about his devil-may-care attitude towards the Bible, he said, "Well, that's his mother's responsibility." But, with no trouble, she opened to Isaiah (I know, I know, one of the easier books to find!), so I was duly impressed. I mean, she went to Fordham, so she must know something!

No comments: