Tuesday, August 15, 2006

I'm a terrible patient. My body still aches from laying on my back for 'bout an hour yesterday morning. The upshot is "It's a girl, Mrs. Walker! It's a girl!" Jeff said, "That'll be a change." Indeed.

The results from last week's blood work came back all normal. The EOB reported the real cost of the lab work at almost $2,000. I tend to think of people without medical insurance when I read such breathtaking statements.

A woman in the waiting room yesterday remarked, "I had six children and didn't do any of this for any of them!" Those were the days. Some of it is for the better and some of it is just a hassle. For better or worse, it all costs money.

I started an antibiotic last week for an infection. I'm very forgetful about taking it. I'm supposed to be finished with it by now but I have about four pills left. So, somewhere during the last seven days, I've missed two days! It's not the remembering that's hard, it's the actual doing. The actual walking into the kitchen and taking the prescription bottle down from the refrigerator, etc., etc.

Merely remembering it causes me to think that I've done it. Had I known that I would have this much trouble, I would have divided the pills into a weekly pillbox that the kids used to use for their daily vitamins. If this round of antibiotics doesn't do the trick and my doctor assigns another dosage, I'll self-administer it in a more foolproof manner, now that I see that I can't be trusted!

No comments: