Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Ha, I noticed yesterday that it's been two weeks since I've had a functioning cell phone.

What jogged my memory wasn't an instance of needing to make a call and not being able to. I mean, my cell phone service was so bad that I was already very used to that scenario!

It was in thinking about monthly bills, end of month stuff, and realizing that I continue to pay for a service that I am unable to use. But, if I want to keep my number, and I do, then I can't cancel my agreement until I get a new one.

I thought that Jeff was going to pick a phone and service for me, for us, but he said he wants my input. I guess I thought it was (1) pick a service and then, (2) pick a phone. You can see it's been seven years since I've done this. I'm ok sticking with Cingular 'though I've always liked Motorola equipment. Maybe Jeff's trying to figure a new BlackBerry into the deal, 'though i don't see him using his much anymore. A while back, the spin wheel broke and he got a used unit cheap for spare parts.

I have more of an idea of what type of voice mail interface I would like than of what type of phone. Except I know that I don't need a camera phone. Or MP3 player, probably. Of course, I would like AUDIX ... but I don't think that's an option! :-) From my working days, the soothing voice and powerful interface ... but maybe the call flow has changed in all these years.

How many of you could go two weeks without a cell phone? Be honest ... is it glued to your ear? Well, I would like one once school starts again because I need to be reachable in case of trouble.

No comments: