Sunday, August 20, 2006

Pastor is on vacation this week. He told us last week but I forgot.

A visitor, Fr. Jacob, from my friend's parish, St. Aloysius in Jackson, celebrated with us today.

The weekday morning services will suffer pastor's absence as he could not arrange for a substitute. He blamed the shortage of vocations but that seems irrelevant. Not that I deny any shortage, it's obvious. I just doubt that with an abundance any would be sitting idle, waiting to be called. I mean, I imagine that these men book their days with an eye towards fulfilling their Christian duties and not merely lounging around. As a result, they may not be readily available for redeployment.

Weekday service attendance is probably low in the summertime and nearby St. Anthony's in Hightstown offers two services on weekday mornings. So an alternative may be easily found for those so inclined.

No comments: