Sunday, August 27, 2006

He had a DVD of The Office a couple of weeks ago and got another one yesterday from NetFlix.

It's the BBC version, the original, and the dependence of the American version is obvious. I can usually imagine Steve Carell doing the same as David.

I like both but probably prefer the American because I saw it first. Those in the Beeb version tend to mumble. Part of the charm? The slang is difficult to pick out, like "bender," which I had never heard before (yes, I know Futurama, little help) but managed to figure out from the context ... and from thinking about the word just a little bit!

There's more vulgarity in the British version, I mean, profanity. And it's racier, including full-frontal male nudity which was (surprisingly) blurred out.

All 'n' all, entertaining, funny, makes me glad that I don't work anymore.

No comments: