Monday, March 27, 2006

Anagram for "mormon"!

[ http://www.lyricstime.com/rush-anagram-for-mongo-lyrics.html ]

Jeff just told me that he watched Big Love on HBO last night and recommended that I watch it.

I had told him about the documentary Inside Polygamy on A&E a couple of weeks ago. I blogged about it here a little bit, so read that other post for my reactions to polygamy in general.

But I have a new thought in light of this HBO show: there's a challenge to the conservatives' definition of marriage as being between one man and one woman. So, who's piggy-backing off of whom? Or, as Jeff said, "Who's broke-backing off of whom." Are the (excommunicated) Mormons trying to slip in under any eventual homosexual marriage provision or is it vice versa?

Well, I haven't watched the show yet, so I'll have to save my comments until then. And I don't really care about this issue. I mean, I have my own understanding of marriage that I was "growed up" with. As I said in the other post, it would be hard to shake. So, unless my husband wants to take on more ... From my perspective, marital matters are meeting my expectations, thank you very much.

No comments: