Sunday, March 26, 2006

From memory. So please offer corrections [ actually, a version is here ]:

All right, then, I'll throw a rock at the old Granville house.

Oh, no, George don't. It's full of romance, that old place. I'd like to live in it.

In that place?

Um-hum.

I wouldn't live in it as a ghost.

Now, right there in the second floor, see?

What'd you wish, George?

Well, not just one wish, a whole hatfull! Mary, I know what I'm gonna do tomorrow and the next day and next year and the year after that: I'm shakin' the dust of this crumby little town off my feet and I'm gonna see the world! Italy, Greece, the Parthenon, the Coliseum. Then I'm comin' back here and go to college and see what they know. And then I'm gonna build things. I'm gonna build skyscrapers one hundred stories tall, I'm gonna build a bridge a mile long, I'm gonna build an air field ... what, you gonna throw a rock? Hey, that's pretty good. What'd you wish, Mary?


George Bailey and Mary Hatch
On the night of Harry's graduation from high school.
Frank Capra's It's a Wonderful Life

No comments: