Sunday, March 19, 2006

Jeff returned from San Jose Saturday morning at 7 AM after a week at the VON conference. He had a productive time, learning and networking and interviewing, at Apple, for instance. A small part of me suspects that some day -- I do not know when or how -- we will move to CA and Jeff will work for Apple. I said "I do not know how" because of the cost of housing in CA.

Some friends from my sons' school are in the process right now of relocating to San Jose -- they claim that Silicon Valley is booming again. They own a 4,000 sq. foot house in Manalapan and need to pare down considerably their possessions because they'll be in an apartment for some time until they find a house. Even then, their CA house will be significantly smaller than their Manalapan home. But I suppose the new position is worth uprooting the family. I am quite sure that our family is holding Jeff back professionally. Then again, Silicon Valley has always been there and Jeff has always worked in technology, so he could have moved there long ago.

2 comments:

Jeff Pulver said...

Hope Jeff enjoyed Spring VON. :)

Best regards, Jeff Pulver
http://pulverblog.pulver.com

Moonshadow said...

You bet your life he did, especially the cantata party where he had a productive conversation with BEA.

Thanks for asking!