Sunday, March 19, 2006

You scored as New Catholic. The years following the Second Vatican Council was a time of collapse of the Catholic faith and its traditions. But you are a young person who has rediscovered this lost faith, probably due to the evangelization of Pope John Paul II. You are enthusiastic, refreshing, and somewhat traditional, and you may be considering a vocation to the priesthood or religious life. You reject relativism and the decline in society that you see among your peers. You are seen as being good for the Church.

A possible problem is that you may have a too narrow a view of orthodoxy, and anyway, you are still a youth and not yet mature in your faith.

New Catholic

60%

Evangelical Catholic

50%

Lukewarm Catholic

31%

Neo-Conservative Catholic

29%

Liberal Catholic

29%

Traditional Catholic

29%

Radical Catholic

19%

What is your style of American Catholicism?
created with QuizFarm.com

4 comments:

Kim from Hiraeth said...

Hi Theresa!

Thanks for visiting my blog. I looked at your profile--we have a lot in common. Les Mis is one of my favorite books (I am re-reading it right now!) I love the Beatles and I don't watch much TV but I make up for it on the computer!

Blessings,
Kim

Moonshadow said...

Yours is a nice blog, especially the God's Minute excerpts and your St. Patrick tribute.

michele said...

So, I took the quiz and it turns out that I'm an Evangelical Catholic. "You are a Protestant convert, or have been affected by evangelical Protestantism in some way. You love Scripture and incorporate into your daily life. You have a clear vision of Catholic morals and doctrines, and you make great effort to adhere to them. However, your interpretation of Scripture may not be in line with Catholic teaching, and you may not accept legitimate plurality in doctrinal expression. You might want to read the Fathers of the Church and Papal encyclicals to deepen your Catholicism."

Moonshadow said...

Thanks for playing along, Michele. Sounds prophetic.

Naw, I'm jealous ... I want your results!

This I can see -- you may not accept legitimate plurality in doctrinal expression -- but that describes all of us on certain pet issues.

These would be -- a clear vision of Catholic morals -- the pro-life issues, I suspect.

I suggested that you read some of an encyclical (Evangelium Vitae) ... I'm sure you'll get to the Fathers in seminary if you haven't already.

Anyway, you made me smile (*big grin*) and I needed a pick-me-up after my Bible study this morning at PAC ... and it sounds as if you are feeling better after your tough and untimely illness.

Thanks for playing and trying it on.