Saturday, March 04, 2006

What's in a name?

Now I'm not the least bit "glad" that Ratzinger was elected to the chair of Peter, but it seems to me that, properly motivated, he has the awareness of what needs doing on the ecumenical front, especially relative to the Orthodox Churches. But, honestly, among all those titles, will anyone notice what's been left off? And maybe it was just a clerical error. (oh, a pun!)

Children, go where I send thee,
How shall I send thee?
I'm gonna send thee one by one
One for the little bitty - baby
born, born, born in Bethlehem.

1 comment:

Moonshadow said...

They noticed.

It took a couple of months, lightening speed by historic ecclesial standards.

An interesting quote:

From a Catholic point of view, being in communion with the bishop of Rome -- the pope -- is necessary for a full expression of being church.