Wednesday, March 15, 2006

On The Journey Home this week there was a former priest in the Charismatic Episcopal Church and his wife.

He talked about how, growing up, he never really had a problem with the Catholic Church and thought that one day unity would be restored.

He said,

"I felt, I prayed, I prayed with all my heart, that one day, ah, Rome and England would be reunited and I felt that, I felt that I could work for unity as easily on one side as I could on the other."

That last bit got to me because, well, obviously there must be folks on each side dedicated to unity or else there would be no dialogue. But it seems that people are getting impatient and jumping ship. I know that reform works best from within -- if it works at all. But there must be people of good will on all sides to strive towards unity.

No comments: