Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Book review Our Endangered Values. I have Carter's book but haven't read all of it yet. Just some interesting critiques in the book review:

Carter's is marred by the fact that he gets some very basic things wrong.

At one point he speaks of the "worship of Mary." (Christians do not worship Mary.) [ ... ] Referencing the Vatican's rejection of liberation theology, he says that this "and other Vatican policies have resulted in a massive shift of Catholics to Protestant congregations." (Statistical data clearly show there's been no massive change.)

1 comment:

LauraT said...

Thank you for your comment ! I have been so busy lately that I have not even had the time to read blogs, let alone right any of my own. We have all been in a bit of a busy season lately. I hope to return to blogging and catching up on my reading within the next few weeks ! Blessings to you !