Thursday, March 30, 2006

Family pictures are slated for Saturday and the face of my middle boy looks like a prizefighter.

He has a huge bruise on his forehead from a fall in gym class Monday. I kept the incident report from the school nurse with me all day as evidence against any charge of maternal assault. His swim teacher did a double take with him that afternoon. It's a whopper of a welt.

Today he got a scrape on his chin from brushing against a railing on the playground, according to him. After his bath this evening, he told me that his chin hurt really bad after he scraped it. I asked him whether he told anyone during recess that he hurt his chin. He said that he told Kenny, his older brother. I laughed.

Both classrooms were on the playground at the same time and the brothers were playing together. I told him that next time he gets hurt on the playground he needs to tell his teacher. Especially because Kenny isn't going to do anything for him!

I'll need to buy some make-up to cover his boo-boos for family pictures. No, I don't have any foundation or zit coverup or any make-up at all except lipstick, eyeshadow and mascara. Hard to believe?

No comments: