Thursday, March 23, 2006

A favorite TV show is The Simpsons. When it's good, it's very, very good and when it's bad, it's horrid.

I let the kids watch a recent episode -- My Fair Laddy -- because I figured that most of it would go over their heads. In the beginning, I was right: the couch gag with Gumby rolling in went right past them.

However, the boys managed to pick up an expression or two, especially the younger one who doubles as a mimic. He chants "Bombardment, bombardment." I hope he doesn't do it in gym class!

The boys must have watched another episode along the way because the younger one also quotes one of Bart's prank phone calls, which has Moe say to his bar clients,
Hey, is there a Butts here? A Seymour Butts? Hey everybody, I wanna Seymour Butts!"
Actually, that episode is rather touching, in a Simpson sort of way.

No comments: