Saturday, March 25, 2006

I was riveted by the gestures of the driver ahead of me on Friday morning. Ahead of him were two oversized dump trucks traveling at twenty miles per hour, top speed. If not for his frantic gestures, it's unlikely that I would have noticed our slow pace.

His hands were hardly on the steering wheel at all, so concerned was he with expressing his frustration to his two passengers. It was approaching the 9 o'clock hour and, as his car turned into Old Tennent Church (lovely web site, beautiful church, check it out!), I began to suspect a Friday morning service for Lent at which they would arrive late.

And I continued to follow the dump trucks through Tennent, across route 9 and down East Freehold Road to the YMCA where I myself was a few minutes late for my swim aerobics class. Not as important as meeting with God, I suppose.

No comments: