Tuesday, March 21, 2006

My neighbor told me yesterday that her daughter will be confirmed this spring. Four years ago, her daughter was one of my CCD students. Hers isn't the first class of mine to reach their confirmation year. In fact, hers is the last class because I haven't taught in four years, since my second child was born.

I was in Barnes and Noble this morning buying her a confirmation gift (a RSV Catholic Edition of the Bible and Lewis's Mere Christianity) because she'll be coming over the babysit my kids tonight while I attend a lecture on Rapture ... it's a homework assignment for evangelization training, believe me!

At the same time, I picked up a book by Garry Wills, a devotional book on Jesus from the Gospels (there is no other Jesus, in his opinion). His more serious books scandalize me, 'though I know he's right. I may blog some excerpts as I have more time. But, so far, my impression is "God help him, he's Catholic." God help us all.

No comments: